June 25, 2010

Science Fiction Double Feature Picture Show



A couple of months ago I was thinking about doing a series of sketches on the side of my favorite heroes in Sci-Fi. I was also having a kind of crisis of faith over whether or not I could draw anything else besides Krumm and Nox. So at work one day I did a doodle of my childhood hero Luke Skywalker. Later Chronicles of Riddick came on TV and I decided to try that as well. The Riddick one I did in a few minutes so there are some issues that bother me mainly in the goggles area but I think it came out alright. The series pretty much ended with these two because I had to get back to doing the comic. I might still revisit the idea as a break from Krumm. I'd like to do my versions of characters like The Rocketeer, Han Solo, John Carter and maybe Conan to name a few.

No comments: